MY SIA LICENCE
CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE BEST SIA TRAINING PROVIDER’S IN LONDON
My SIA Licence is an approved training provider by Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC). This means our learners can enrol in vocational courses in a wide range of subject areas of their choice. All the courses that My SIA Licence provide can be located within the courses section of the website. Go to about us page to read more…..
All You Need To Know About Security Courses in London
SIA is an independent organization that founded under the Private Security Act 2001. The intended function of SIA is to maintain a cap and regulate the flow of quality security services throughout the United Kingdom. It issues and renews, security licences to professionals working or willing to work in the security industry. This way it works for raising the standards and efficiency of security services offered in the UK thus reduce criminality.
Click here to learn more
Any aspirant or organization who is willing to get into the security industry to practice the profession needs to obtain a SIA license and take SIA security training or security courses at all costs before they could legally carry out the intended security roles.
The types of security services covered under SIA are as such:
- Security guarding
- Close protection
- Vehicle immobilizing
- Door supervisor
- Public space surveillance (CCTV)
- Cash and valuables in transit
Guide to Getting a SIA Licence and Taking Security Courses
Getting an SIA licence and taking the SIA training courses is not only important to get into the security profession but also to pose a trustworthy face to the people. People will get to know that you are well-trained, capable of doing the job well, knowledgeable, efficient and also that you know all the ins and outs of the security services. The more they trust you, the more you are likely to get a good service offer from people. This can be achieved after taking security training courses.
Each security course that we provide is the best in what the industry offers. Not taking security training course or the SIA training courses will render you ineligible for SIA licence. Also not getting an SIA licence will bar you from working in the security field and the violation will be a criminal offence as to Section 9 of the Private Security Industry Act 2001, which could result in a considerable fine or jail time or both. The usual time period for getting SIA licence from the date of successful submission of correctly filled application is 6 weeks. This will cost you £220. Payment has to be made only in Pound Sterling. You can make the payment using different methods that SIA accepts; using a cheque from a UK bank account, a valid UK debit or credit card, a UK banker’s draft or a UK postal order. This should be noted that the payment is non-refundable, even if your application gets denied because of any reason. SIA licencing also offers to renew existing licences that are expired. The expired licence doesn’t allow any organization or operative to work in security services until and unless the license is renewed again. The renewal cost is same as that of a fresh application, i.e. £220.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Licence:
SIA licence can be applied by two ways, either by your employer or by yourself.
- By your employer:
SIA offer certain services through which your employer can file an application for obtaining SIA licence on your behalf. These services are called Licence Assist and Licence Management. You can get them only from SIA approved contractors.
- By yourself: (A SIA licence training)
Before applying for SIA licence, one must read the terms and conditions and should know the eligibility criteria for obtaining the licence. Doing this will save both time and money in future.
For getting SIA licence, a few things need to be done first.
- Firstly, you need to decide which field of security services you wish to pursue. The field you opt will be the field you will be working in. Also, you will have to do research for the SIA security training courses that you need to look for in order to choose the best for you. There are many security courses London available for you to choose from. These security courses are paid and are effective in making you compatible to the job.
- Second, you need to take a security course in that particular field among various security courses provided at ‘My SIA Licencing’. Choosing the right SIA licence course and field of security work is important to have quality in service and commitment. At MY SIA License, you get the best securitySIA training security courses by a dedicated team of professional trainers with all the needed expertise to provide. We make sure that at our security training London, you get a face-to-face consultation and security training for knowing all the ins and outs of your opted field. We give you information all the way about applying and obtaining perfection in the job and shape your skills. We also provide Sia badge course at our Sia training centre that helps with your SIA training London. SIA security courses London builds you as a perfect candidate for SIA licence.
- After completing the security training course in your security courses UK, you will need to pass the exam for putting a final seal in becoming fit for pursuing the intended security job.
- When you have successfully completed the security licence course and obtained the certificate, you can apply for SIA licence through online method or through a post office that offers the SIA licensing application service, after creating an account online on theSIA’s self-service website.
- For applying via offline method, you will have to download the application form from the official website of SIA and fill it out. Then you need to attach required documents with the application form and submit, along with the payment.
An SIA licence checker service is provided to you by SIA which tells you the status of your application. With this, you can keep track of the licence processing and the stage it is passing through. You can also see your licence number (if it has been generated at the moment).
What Can You Do If The SIA Security Licence Issuance Is Denied?
If your licence application gets denied due to any unforeseen circumstances or reason, you can file an appeal within 21 days from the date on the SIA decision letter notifying you of their SIA licence refusal. Your appeal should contain the factual errors in the assessment made by SIA, upon which you claim for reprocessing. These errors can be in identity, address of residence, your qualification or a criminal conviction. In case if the information provided by your is insufficient, then you might be asked for more detail regarding the errors in the report upon which you hold the claim. Once the period of 21 days is over, the refusal automatically takes place and then the appeal can only be made to the Magistrate’s Court, Sheriff Court or District Court. It is wise to make the appeal within the time period as the latter step will cost you a lot of time and money. So take our SIA courses in London to be awar of all the details regarding security courses.